6.18.2012

belated father's day and weekend wrap up

father's day was yesterday.  i don't enjoy it very much anymore.  it just makes me miss my dad.  he passed away about 9 years ago from cancer.  it was all very sudden and happened so quickly.  i miss him and think about him every day.  he was  a really great dad, and i learned a lot from him.  he's the one who really got me to love nature and wildlife.  any time we went to the beach or on a boating trip, we would look for new birds to identify or see how many dolphins we could count from the bow of the boat.  i can only imagine what it would be like today if he were still around.  i always think of things that i want to tell him and talk to him about.  i hope he would be proud of me and what i've done with my life so far.  

the only other dad that i know that can even come close to him is my brother.  he is such a great father to his little boy.  so, here's to my dad and my brother.  the two best fathers there are and have been.













and to my sweet husband, who i know will be a wonderful father one day (sooner rather than later, hopefully).    


on a happier note, we had a great time at the jazz and blues fest on friday.  lots of good food, good friends, and good music.  the river was low, but that didn't stop people from playing in the water.  the weather was great, and we ate our dinner on the deck overlooking the water.  couldn't ask for a better evening.  











No comments:

Post a Comment