6.12.2012

29

today is my birthday.  i am 29.  last night my husband asked me if i was excited about it.  i told him, not really.  once you get past the fun birthdays... 16, 18, 21... they all seem to feel the same.  he asked me if i was happy with where i am in my life.  i can truly say that, yes, i am happy with where i am.  i love my job and feel like i make a difference at the office.  i love my husband and what we have, even though i may complain about him.  he really is a wonderful husband and i'm glad he's mine.  i like where we live and don't feel like we really want for anything.  i have a good life.  so, happy birthday to me.  


i started reading the dovekeepers over the weekend.  i'm really hoping that it gets better.  i have very high hopes for this book.  it's supposed to be hoffman's "masterpiece" but so far, i'm not really impressed.  i'm not very far into it; still getting through yael's story.  maybe things will start getting better when new characters are brought in and their stories begin to intertwine.  the idea of the story is intriguing, though.  fingers crossed that it will get better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment